In & Out Wedding Trends at Normandy Farm: Terrific 22's
Did you ring in the New Year with new bling?
The "terrible twos" is simply a cliché! How brilliant it is that TheKnot.com's 2022 data indicates 2.6 + million couples will throw a wedding this year. Trends come and go, and taking Covid into consideration, we've seen just about every one of them, new and old. With a little help from our friends on social media, it's easy to spot when they're overused and worse, outdated; as well as the trends that have stood the test of time! Whether your 2020 plans could use a revamp or you're a novice, we now (with some insight from Vogue) pronounce the IN's and OUT's to turn the "terrible" into the terrific 2022's:
1. Invite Mom and Dad's distant family and friends. Host a rager! High guest counts are back and everyone's invited to party.
2. Dress it up, down, and all around! Themes are encouraged and anything goes. Make it a costume party, a themed event, or encourage all guests to wear one color. Your attendees have been sporting their worst sweats on the couch, so it's time to wear your best dress for the dance floor!
3. Drag her down the aisle! Add an outrageous element of entertainment like drag queens, college mascots, or aerial performers. Have them arrive when least expected for an added surprise element.
4. It's more about the view from below when it comes to flowers. Hanging over-the-top florals are blooming upside-down this year to add eye-catching aura to the room. Fill the high barn ceiling space while adding space to your guest tables.
1. Is there such a thing as Friend-Style Meals? Because Family-Style is out for the count. Say "hello" to your chef attendants at each station, or consider elegantly plated courses, served tableside.
2. So long to the looong (and multiple) inappropriate toasts. You'll still be sipping the same drink by the time the speeches are finished this year. Couples are saying less talk and more dance in 2022, so keep the salutations snappy!
3. Even with a blowout bash, every guest should know your name. A monogrammed dance floor with blinding beams of strobe light is no longer tolerable!
4. Only the bride should be all dressed in white. Break away from the predictable muted ivory, white colors and create a color scheme as vibrant as you feel to finally tie the knot.
Now that you know what's in and out, learn about our inside and outside spaces, available dates, and event packages. Email: email@example.com
Located just 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia and situated in the heart of Blue Bell, Pa., Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center is more than a meticulously restored American landmark—it's a fully wired, high-tech hospitality venue. Relax on our grand terrace, sip a cocktail in America's oldest silo, play a challenging game of golf on our championship course, plan an event with us or dine on our delectable farm-to-table cuisine. It all adds up to One Historic Experience.