Culinary Team Building Options Makes Chefs Out of Salesmen
A fresh perspective on team bonding over food...
I recently observed a diverse team of colleagues engaging in culinary teambuilding at Normandy Farm Hotel & Conference Center. Believe it or not, a white apron and tall chef’s hat leveled the playing field and broke down barriers for all levels of management as everyone on the team was equal. Before the chef had a chance to explain the rules of culinary engagement, there was a sense of excitement in the air, coupled with a lot of laughter and of course, the obligatory selfies!
So why is culinary teambuilding so popular? There are hundreds of team bonding experiences that you can choose, but this is by far the best and here are five reasons why:
1. Culinary teambuilding is about as far away from the standard corporate routine as you can get.
Cell phones are not part of any recipe, especially when you are collaborating to make your own meal! By placing your employees in friendly culinary competition, you get their creative juices flowing while they learn new skills.
2. Learn by doing, not by watching, listening, talking, or any other “ing” that you can think of. There is something about rolling up your sleeves and digging in. Inhibitions go out the window when you’re dicing, whipping, and decorating. As “doers”, we lock in to a wonderful sense of accomplishment which is very easy to digest.
3. Planners need to consider “Climate Proof” Teambuilding activities, especially in Philadelphia where we have all four seasons.
Culinary team bonding can be scheduled years in advance with the confidence that it will never have to be cancelled due to weather.
4. In culinary teambuilding, we learn to appreciate “rolls and roles”.
Farm to table restaurants have a pastry chef that teaches the art of making fresh baked rolls while many companies like yours might struggle with defining roles. In keeping with the competitive spirit, when everybody on the team has been given a certain role to perform in a discipline that is totally new to them, teammates bond together as winners!
5. We are what we eat and teams take great pride and have a tremendous sense of accomplishments to present their final product.
Some of the best learning takes place when a recipe fails. In business, failure is not an option and it certainly is not an option here! Watch your teams collaborate, cooperate, and build unity amongst themselves to set the table for success.
Don’t delay. Contact our team of experts today at (215) 616-8500. Let us work with you to create a building and bonding experience unlike any other.
Located just 25 minutes from Center City Philadelphia and situated in the heart of Blue Bell, Pa., Normandy Farm Hotel and Conference Center is more than a meticulously restored American landmark—it's a fully wired, high-tech hospitality venue. Relax on our grand terrace, sip a cocktail in America's oldest silo, play a challenging game of golf on our championship course, plan an event with us or dine on our delectable farm-to-table cuisine. It all adds up to One Historic Experience.